The theme for ABA Law Day 2021 is "Advancing the Rule of Law Now." In honor of Law Day, this week's episode showcases highlights from this year's program, Advancing the Rule of Law Now: A Global Perspective. This program explores the rule of law from an international perspective, specifically, the role of the United States within the international rule of law landscape.
The rule of law is the bedrock of American rights and liberties, but the United States also serves, for many, as a beacon of sustained rule of law around the world. How has this changed in recent years? How do rule of law moments in the United States affect other countries? Can the United States still claim a leadership role when it comes to the rule of law?
- Patricia Lee Refo, President, American Bar Association
- Will A. Gunn, National Law Day Chair
- Elizabeth Andersen, World Justice Project
- Ashley Quarcoo, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Jenny Gesley, Foreign Law Specialist, Law Library of Congress
- Temuri Yakobashvili, Former Ambassador of Georgia to the United States
Visit lawday.org for more information and all 2021 Law Day resources.
Please explore these resources concerning the rule of law from the ABA, the Law Library of Congress, and the World Justice Project: