Judge James Baker is the Director of the Syracuse University Institute for Security Policy and Law, former Chief Judge of the US Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, and former Chair of the Standing Committee on Law and National Security.
This episode references:
- The Defense Production Act [PDF]
- James E. Baker “It’s High Time We Fought This Virus the American Way” New York Times, April 3, 2020
- Youngstown Sheet & Tube Company v. Sawyer 343 US 579 (1952)
- Executive Order on Prioritizing and Allocating Health and Medical Resources to Respond to the Spread of Covid-19
- 42 U.S. Code § 247d on Public Health Emergencies
- “Government Contractor Defense: Military and Non-Military Applications” ABA Section on Litigation