William Banks is the Chair of the ABA Standing Committee on Law and National Security Advisory Committee and a Distinguished Professor and Emeritus Professor at the Syracuse University College of Law and the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, and the author of several constitutional law textbooks.
This episode references:
- William Banks and Stephen Dycus "Martial Law Would Sweep the Country Into a Great Legal Unknown." The Atlantic.
- The Stafford Act
- Public Health Services Act (42 USC Section 201 et seq)
- Secretary Azar declared an emergency on January 31, 2020
- Defense Production Act (50 USC Section 2061 et seq)
- President Trump announced invocation of Defense Production Act
- Insurrection Act (10 USC Section 251 et seq)
- William Banks, Stephen Dycus “Soldiers on the Home Front: The Domestic Role of the American Military”
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- The history of quarantine
- Implementation of the Defense Production Act by President Truman