Suzanne Spaulding is a Senior Adviser for Homeland Security and International Security at CSIS, and a member of the Cyberspace Solarium Commission. She served as under secretary for the National Protection and Programs Directorate (now the CISA) at the Department of Homeland Security. She has previously been the general counsel for the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence and minority staff director for the U.S. House of Representatives Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and legal adviser to the CIA director’s Nonproliferation Center.
This episode references:
- The Cyberspace Solarium Commission Report and Executive Summary
- Wired, "White House Cuts Critical Cybersecurity Role as Threats Loom" May 15, 2018
- DHS CISA Vulnerability Disclosure Policy Draft Directive
- NSLT Episode "Threats, Norms and Cyber Mercenaries with Tim Maurer"
- Criticism of the Solarium Report