John Bellinger III is a partner at Arnold & Porter and the former Legal Adivser to the National Security Council and the U.S. Department of State.
William Banks is a Professor of Law Emeritus at the Syracuse University College of Law, the Founding Director of the Institute for National Security and Counterterrorism (now the Syracuse University Institute for Security Policy and Law), and the author of multiple legal textbooks on constitutional and national security law.
This episode references:
- Executive Order 13382 and Executive Order 13224
- War Powers Resolution of 1973
- “Esper contradicts Trump on targeting Iranian cultural sites: We 'follow the laws of armed conflict' ", CNN
- Hague Cultural Property Convention
- John Bellinger “Attacking Iran’s Cultural Sites Would Violate the Hague Cultural Property Convention,” Lawfare