Brian Egan is a Partner at Steptoe & Johnson. He served as the Legal Adviser to the U.S. State Department and as Legal Advisor to the White House National Security Council.
This episode references:
- 29th Annual Review of the Field of National Security Law Conference
- Financial Times, “Policymakers rethink everything at Jackson Hole”
- Secretary Jack Lew’s 2016 speech to the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA)
- 50 USC 1701 Sanctions Authority
- Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA)