Jack Rives is the Executive Director of the American Bar Association. He served in the US Air Force for 33 years as a military attorney, and was The Judge Advocate General (TJAG) of the Air Force before retiring.
This episode references:
- Jack Rives’s testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee (August 2, 2006) as TJAG
- Declassified memos from military lawyers, including Jack Rives, criticized interrogations techniques
- Military Commissions Act of 2006 and 2009
- Uniform Code of Military Justice Article 90 and Article 92 on obeying lawful orders
- A report on the US Military Commissions by the ABA Standing Committee on Law and National Security
- Join the ABA today, or visit the ABA career board