Emeritus and pro bono practice rules ease some of the licensing burden for retired or inactive attorneys who agree to limit their practice to pro bono cases. The goal of the rules is to encourage pro bono work by attorneys who might otherwise be discouraged by the burden of maintaining a law license for their volunteer work.
- State Emeritus Pro Bono Practice Rules Chart (March 2019)
- Performance Data on Emeritus Pro Bono Practice Rules (December 2015)
- Survey of Emeritus and Pro Bono Practice Programs: Assessing Participation (Bifocal, August 2014)
- No Longer on Their Own: Using Emeritus Attorney Pro Bono Programs to Meet Unmet Civil Legal Needs
- Emeritus Attorney Programs: Best Practices and Lessons Learned(Sept. 2010)
Additional archived articles on Emeritus Pro Bono available upon request