(The pdf for the issue in which this article appears is available for download: Vol. 37, Issue 4.)
Wills and Estate Administration for the Small Firm Lawyer:
Improving Practice and Increasing Income
- June 14, 2016
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM ET
Estate planning and administration responsibilities are often a significant part of lawyer's practice, but these issues are often time-consuming and complex. Veteran attorney Kenneth Vercammen will share how to establish and strengthen a firm's wills and estate practice. This webinar will provide step-by-step guidance that firms can use to handle all aspects of an estates practice, from initial client intake to closing the file.
An essential resource for practitioners, this elder law program includes numerous forms and pertinent information to assist new and transitional attorneys. In addition, tips on practice management will help seasoned attorneys.
Registrants will receive a 30% discount code for the E-Book Wills and Estate Administration by Kenneth Vercammen.
Learn more and register today!
Free Five-Part Webinar Series on Abuse in Later Life
The National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life (NCALL) and the American Bar Association Commission on Domestic & Sexual Violence have created a free 5-part webinar series on Abuse in Later Life for civil attorneys, legal advocates and others who wish to gain a deeper understanding of Abuse in Later Life (ALL).
The series will run through the month of June. The primary focus of these webinars will be addressing the needs of older victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. This series is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women (OVW).
- Abuse in Later Life: An Overview
- Forming the Relationship with Your Client: Client communication, interview skills, and confidentiality/mandatory reporting concerns
- Client Goal-Setting and Non-Litigation Responses: Client collaboration, developing client priorities and non-litigation responses to ALL
- Civil Resolutions and Remedies in ALL cases: Protective orders, Guardianships, Power of Attorney agreements, end of life health care decision-making and working with the criminal justice system
- Bringing the Case: Protection of evidence and assets, motion practice, witness testimony methods and supports, direct and cross-examination and application of the Crawford decision in ALL cases
Who Should Enroll
The webinar series is tailored to the needs of civil attorneys and legal advocates (and the ABA has applied for CLE credit). Registration, however, is open to all participants who wish to further develop their professional understanding of ALL.
Registration is open through May 27, 2016.