(Note: The pdf for the issue in which this article appears is available for download: BIFOCAL Vol. 35, Issue 4.)
Conference space is limited—register early!
New National Aging and Law Conference
October 16 & 17, 2014
This October 16-17, the American Bar Association's Commission on Law and Aging will sponsor the New National Aging and Law Conference in Washington, DC.
This year's conference theme will be: 50th Anniversary of the War on Poverty: Progress & Challenges for the Future.
For information, contact the Commission's David Godfrey at: David.Godfrey@Americanbar.org.
23 workshops and plenary sessions including
Ten Questions to Challenge Your Ethical Acumen
- Charlie Sabatino, Commission on Law & Aging
- David Godfrey, Commission on Law & Aging
After Windsor: How the Demise of DOMA Affects LGBT Seniors
- Aaron Tax, Services and Advocacy for GLBT Elders
- Karen Loewy, Lambda Legal
- Kate Lang, National Senior Citizens Law Center
- Webster Phillips, National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare
Using the ADA to Take on the Government Accessing Essential Benefits and Services for Seniors
- Greg Bass, National Center for Law and Economic Justice
- Julie Nepveu, AARP Foundation
- Lizbeth Ginsburg, Greater Boston Legal Services ■