(Note: The pdf for the issue in which this article appears is available for download: BIFOCAL Vol. 35, Issue 4.)
Save the Date!
New National Aging and Law Conference
October 16 & 17, 2014
This October 16-17, the American Bar Association's Commission on Law and Aging will sponsor the New National Aging and Law Conference in Washington, DC.
This year's conference theme will be: 50th Anniversary of the War on Poverty: Progress & Challenges for the Future.
For information, contact the Commission's David Godfrey at: [email protected].
Featured Plenary Speakers
- M. T Connelly, a MacArthur Foundation Fellow and expert on elder abuse
- Nora Dowd Eisenhower, Assistant Director for the Office of Older Americans at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Older Adult Hunger: America’s Silent Epidemic
Lightening Round! Healthcare and Economic Rights
- Gaps, Bumps, and Glitches: Smoothing out ACA Transitions to Medicare and Medicaid
- PLUS, workshops on Medicare, Medicaid, elder abuse, legal service development and delivery, guardianship, income security, diversity, public benefits, and legal ethics...
Interested in Scholarship Opportunities?
Read more about the AARP Foundation's Jerry D. Florence Scholarships