We are looking for law students:
Limited number of paid summer internships (completed 2L) for students with a public service/public interest focus
- Unpaid internships – any time of the year
- Externs – students for academic credit
- Externs – semester in DC programs
Who are we?
- We are a research and policy “think tank” on law and aging
- Commission of 15-member, multi-disciplinary, national experts in law and aging appointed by the ABA president
- Staff of 7, including 4 experienced attorneys
- We work in a variety of substantive, policy, and program development issues including legal service access and delivery, elder abuse, guardianship and conservatorship, dispute resolution, professional ethics, health and long-term care decision-making, health care access, capacity assessment, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, other public benefits, pension and retirement income security, LGBT aging, and housing.
What you will do?
- Research major substantive or policy issues in law and aging (goal is a publishable article or summary)
Short research assignments
- Work under supervision of experienced ABA staff attorneys
- Attend law and policy briefings in DC
- Network with experts in aging policy and law, administrative and legislative staff
- Develop contacts and connections that can last a lifetime