For some state and local elder bar sections and committees, Elder Law Day is an opportunity to educate older people about their rights.
Looking to freshen-up your program? Here are some ideas:
- Mock trial or mock jury experiences
- Tour of your local courthouse
- “Ask a Lawyer” workshop with volunteers from your community
Let us know about your organization’s or bar group’s plan for an Elder Law Day program in your community (for May 1 or any other time in the month of May, which is also Older Americans Month) and we may include news of it in upcoming issues of Bifocal. Email Andrea Amato at email@example.com.
The Commission on Law and Aging is beginning to update its outdated Elder Law Day Planning Guide and is hoping for your help.
- Do you coordinate or participate in an annual Elder Law Day event in your community?
- Do you have planning documents, fliers, or other collateral that you would be willing to share with us?
Please email Andrea Amato at firstname.lastname@example.org with your responses!