Dear Friends and Colleagues:
Welcome to our second newsletter of 2021!
Although, again, we cannot meet in Berlin, the International Labor and Employment Law Committee Midyear Meeting will be presented using a virtual platform on May 4-6, 2021. We are very appreciative of the moderators and panellists who are working hard to ensure that we have a very successful meeting, one not to be missed.
Our program topics include:
- Reshaping European and National Works Councils in Multi-National Workplaces, moderated by Owen E. Hernstadt;
- Addressing Labor Rights in the Global Supply Chains, moderated by Ben Hensler;
- Freedom of Association and the Right to Organize, moderated by Richard Bales;
- Trade Agreements, Trade Barriers and Trade Wars, moderated by Danny Kaufer;
- Migrants and Refugees in the Workplace, moderated by Jennifer “JJ” Rosenbaum;
- Global Diversity Programs, moderated by Gerlind Wisskirchen;
- Developments in International Transactions and Executive Contracts / Compensation, moderated by Wendi S. Lazar;
- Contractor Compliance and Misclassifications, moderated by Kelly D. Bunting; and
- The Future of Work, moderated by Professor Cynthia E. Nance.
View the complete Program Agenda LEL website.
After the Midyear Meeting, our Committee is planning to host additional webinars. As previously noted, given the nail-biting end to the Brexit negotiations at the end of 2020, we would be remiss not to examine what the future holds now that that Britain is finally out of the EU. We expect this will be the topic of discussion at our next webinar, organized in collaboration with the European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA). Date and time to be confirmed.
Finally, please mark your calendars for the 15thAnnual Section of Labor and Employment Law Conference, which is scheduled to be held in Los Angeles, California from November 10-13, 2021.
We look forward to seeing you soon, virtually for now.
Jennifer (JJ) Rosenbaum (Union & Employee Co-chair), David Garland (Employer Co-Chair), Melanie Crowley (International Co-Chair), Ify Okoli-Watson (In-House Corporate Counsel Co-Chair), and Nancy Shilepsky (Employee Co-chair)