About This Issue
Spring is in the air. The college basketball season is but a memory. Now that three of our editors have dragged the fourth one back from the 67th Annual Newport to Ensenada Race and refocused him on Employee Benefit issues, it is time for the first 2014 edition of the EBC Newsletter. The continuing efforts to address a broad spectrum of issues and developments of interest bring you the following offerings in this edition:
- Martina Sherman and Todd D. Wozniak agree to disagree in offering their very different perspectives on the Sixth Circuit panel's decision in Rochow v. Life Insurance Company of North America and its handling of the issue of disgorgement as a remedy in a claims denial scenario.
- Joyce A. Mader offers the first installment in a two-part series on Practical Tips for Operating Plans to Avoid Obvious Problems.
- The Committee Co-Chairs offer their report on the Midwinter Meeting in New Orleans.
- Prior to the Midwinter meeting a variety of members engaged in Law Student Outreach at Southern University Law Center.
- The ever-popular As We Go to e-Press returns.
The members of the editorial board remain keenly interested in your feedback on whether we are capturing what you would like to see in your newsletter. They would also be delighted to discuss article ideas you may have. Those with thoughts on issues they would like to see addressed and/or thoughts on articles should contact one of the editors.