LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Call for Applications – Due July 15, 2016 (Extended)
The ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law will conduct our sixth Leadership Development Program to provide leadership training and development to a select group of Section members representing all constituencies of the Section (Union/Employee, Employer, and Government/Neutral). The Program offers tools for advancement in the Section's leadership. The Section is seeking talented and motivated applicants to fill this year's class. The Program is appropriate for individuals who have been active in the Section's standing or administrative committees as well as those who have been active in labor and employment related YLD activities or in labor and employment related leadership positions in other bar entities and want to become more involved in the Section.
Successful applicants will attend leadership training on September 25-27 in Chicago, Illinois, where they will learn more about the structure and leadership of the Section, routes of advancement within the Section and the ABA, and training in leadership skills. At the conclusion of the two-day session, each participant will be assigned a role in a Section project. The Section will pay for the airfare, registration, and hotel costs for attending the Leadership Development Program, and will provide meals.
To apply, candidates must:
- Be a current member of the ABA and the Section of Labor and Employment Law;
- Commit to attend leadership training September 25-27 in Chicago, Illinois;
- Have current or past experience in the Section, the Young Lawyers Division, or other labor and employment-related bar entities; and
- Submit a completed application form, along with:
- A one-page cover letter explaining their interest in this program;
- One letter of reference (up to three letters of reference will be accepted); and
- A current resume.
All submissions should be emailed to Brad Hoffman by July 15, 2016.
Individuals who applied for the Program in previous years but who were not part of last year's class need not complete the application form again. If you applied and would like to be considered again this year, please indicate your interest by emailing Brad Hoffman, Section Director, by the application deadline. In addition, please provide, by the application deadline, any relevant updates to the information contained in your original application.