LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Call for Applications – Due April 30, 2019
The ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law will conduct our seventh Leadership Development Program to provide leadership training and development to a select group of Section members representing all constituencies of the Section (Union, Employee, Employer
Successful applicants will attend leadership training on July 17-19 in Chicago where they will learn more about the structure and leadership of the Section, routes of advancement within the Section and the ABA, and training in leadership skills. At the conclusion of the two-day session, each participant will be assigned a role in a Section project. The Section will pay for the airfare, registration and hotel costs for attending the Leadership Development Program, and will provide meals.
To apply, candidates must:
- Be a current member of the ABA and the Section of Labor and Employment Law;
- Commit to attend leadership training July 17-19 in Chicago, Illinois;
- Have current or past experience in the Section of Labor and Employment Law, the ABA Young Lawyers Division, or other labor and employment-related bar entities; and
- Submit a completed application form, along with:
- A one-page cover letter explaining their interest in this program;
- One letter of reference (up to three letters of reference will be accepted); and
- A current resume.
All submissions should be emailed to Brad Hoffman for receipt no later than April 30, 2019.
Individuals who applied for the Leadership Development Program in previous years but who were not part of a prior class need not complete the application form again. If you applied and would like to be considered again this year, please indicate your interest by emailing Brad Hoffman, Section Director, by April 30, 2019. In addition, please provide, by the application deadline, any relevant updates to the information contained in your original application.