Women Empowering Women: Practical Advice and Tips
Presented by the Women’s Affinity Group
September 12, 2023
2:00 PM – 3:15 PM CDT
The ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law’s Women’s Affinity Group is presenting a series of webinars devoted to empowering women to help other women. In the first webinar, we will hear from successful women attorneys who have not only managed to achieve success in their own right but have sponsored, championed and uplifted other women along the way. Learn from these extraordinary women about how you can support your female colleagues for the mutual benefit of all.
Among other topics the introductory webinar will cover:
- Build your support network.
- Why this is important.
- How it serves you.
- Mental health benefits of a female support base.
- Being a mentor: What does it really mean?
- Collaboration vs. Competition
- What does real sponsorship look like in the legal field?
- Intersectionality: Empathy beyond gender lines
- Supporting others and empathy does not equal weakness.
- What does support look like?
- The Role of Allies
And remember, behind every great woman is another great woman!
Jaya Bajaj, Farella, Braun + Martel LLP, San Francisco, CA
Kelly M. Dermody, Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein LLP, San Francisco, CA
Prof. Cynthia E. Nance, University of Arkansas School of Law, Fayetteville, AR
Sue Ann Van Dermyden, Van Dermyden Makus Law Corporation, Sacramento, CA
Cassie Springer Ayeni, Springer Ayeni, APLC, Oakland, CA
Vanessa Kelly, Clark Hill PLC, Princeton, NJ
NOTE: This free webinar is not accredited for Continuing Legal Education.