Make Your Virtual Conferencing Experience a Success
Login details will be emailed to Midwinter Meeting registrants. Using the “magic link” contained in the email, attendees are be able to access a customized landing site with entree to a Virtual Lobby where all sessions can be accessed during the program. For assistance with your magic link, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Judy Stofko at Judy.Stofko@americanbar.org.
The Conference site, hosted by Convene, is a web-based application, so you will not need to download anything. (You won’t even need to log in or out!)
- Bookmark the Midwinter Meeting website in your browser.
- Update your attendee profile under My Account.
- Visit the Virtual Lobby to see the full agenda for the program, and build your own schedule in the My Agenda tab.
- Explore the networking opportunities with other attendees using the networking chat and group rooms at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the Sponsor tab in the top navigation bar to view the Midwinter Meeting sponsors.
- Please note that If you are speaker, you must use the Google Chrome browser.
- Test and use the same computer for each day of the Midwinter Meeting.
- Restart your browser if you are unable to access the meeting website.
- We recommend using the Google Chrome browser.
- Close programs and browser sessions running in the background.
- Your company VPN or firewall may prevent you from accessing certain features of the Conference site. It is best to log out of your VPN whenever possible.
For technical assistance during the Midwinter Meeting, contact email@example.com.
Virtual Networking Receptions on Remo
Networking is one of the greatest attractions of the Midwinter Meetings. Many of the receptions and networking events will be presented online using Remo. Please refer to the individual Midwinter Meeting agendas for the networking event dates and times. Visit Remo at www.remo.co prior to the receptions and click on “Login” to set up your account.
- The Google Chrome browser is recommended. Firefox is also supported by the platform.
- You may need to log out of your VPN for a stable connection.
- Headphones are suggested while in attendance, especially if there is background noise.
How to Access:
- While in the Convene virtual lobby, locate the designated networking tile for the networking reception and click through to the event landing page on the Remo platform.
- Click to join and, when prompted, choose to sign-up or sign-in using your email address and a password you create.
- Create a personal picture avatar. Click on the circled initial in the top left corner and then click on “My Profile” to add your information.
- You have arrived! Navigate your avatar to a virtual table to join a conversation by double clicking on a table of your choice, and move your avatar from table to table, conversation to conversation as often as you wish. Note: Limit 6 avatars per table.
- Once you are at a table, you will see the participants shown at a row on the top (“Floor View”). View your table mates in larger windows by clicking on “Tile View” on the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen.
- At any table, you should be able to speak to the group, the table and/or chat with any individual by clicking “Chat” and finding that individual at a table.
- A table may have a designated host or recommended discussion topic.
- Introduce yourself and chime in when possible, like you would do at any in-person meet-and-greet networking event!
No masks. No elbow bumps. No social distancing.
Obtaining CLE Certificates
- Attendees who have met CLE requirements will be sent an email with a link for obtaining CLE certificates within 2 weeks of the Midwinter Meeting.
- CLE credit is only available for live presentations at this virtual event.
- To receive CLE credit for a session, you must be logged in to that session as the primary activity on your system for the entire length of the program.
- Visit the ABA MCLE resources webpage to learn more about how ABA programs and events address mandatory CLE requirements by state to ensure that your participation time is properly recorded for MCLE tracking.
- Problems? Report MCLE questions with the virtual event and/or obtaining your CLE certificate(s) to Nafisat Adekola.