At the heart of our American democracy, and vital to its functioning, is the rule of law: the notion that the federal and state constitutions, statutes, and common law apply to everyone lucky enough to live in the United States of America, and that we are all equal under the law. It is our responsibility as judges to apply the rule of law, and to treat everyone equally without regard to personal characteristics, wealth, or government office, in the cases that come before us.
Premium Content For:
- Lawyers Conference
- National Conference of Specialized Court Judges
- National Conference of State Trial Judges
- National Conference of the Administrative Law Judiciary
- National Conference of Federal Trial Judges
- Appellate Judges Conference