Since 2001, the Court of Appeals of Indiana has held more than 500 oral arguments at venues across Indiana. The court’s program, known as “Appeals on Wheels,” allows Hoosiers to see the court’s judges at work and to learn about the appellate process. In addition, the program has helped the judges to improve relationships with state legislators, and local bar associations are presenting CLEs in conjunction with the oral arguments. This article discusses the history of the program, how it works, and how it could benefit your court. We also describe best practices for a traveling oral arguments program.
Premium Content For:
- Lawyers Conference
- National Conference of Specialized Court Judges
- National Conference of State Trial Judges
- National Conference of the Administrative Law Judiciary
- National Conference of Federal Trial Judges
- Appellate Judges Conference