In this special edition of Gavel Talks fellow Judges Neil Axel and Ronald Ramsey join host Richard Ginkowski to discuss some of the cutting edge topics that will be taught at the National Traffic Academy October 24 - 26 in Denver, Colorado*. You can learn more & register at ambar.org/trafficacademy.
An intensive program spanning three days, Academy topics include:
- Judges Role In Handling Impaired Driving Cases
- Ethics: Search and Seizure in Impaired Driving Cases
- The Use of Medical Marijuana in the Justice System
- One Pound of Flesh: Fines and Fees in Court and Future Trends
- Putting the Brakes on the Epidemic of Speeding and Reckless Driving -- Time for Judges To Get More Serious About Lethal Driving
- Ethics: What stays, what goes? Tips and Lessons Learned -- Domestic Violence Dockets During the Pandemic
- Commercial Driving Cases: Preventing Masking and Improving Court Performance
- EthicsL One Million DWI's -- Using DWI Assessments to get the Right Population Into Your Problem Solving Court
- What Works In Treatment
- DWI Courts -- How They Promote Justice and Improve Outcomes
*At the time of this episode's release, the Academy was scheduled for June 2022. The Academy was rescheduled to October 24 - 26, 2022 after the episode's release. We apologize for any confusion in the dates. Any questions about the Academy, including dates and registration, may be directed to [email protected].