As members of the judiciary we commit ourselves to the fair and equal treatment of everyone served in our courts. This Wellness Wednesday is dedicated to practical actions we can take and tools we can adopt in our continuous journey to hold ourselves to our highest expectations of justice. We will:
- Explore the psychological underpinning of implicit bias: what causes it to happen and how we can combat it?
- Discuss various ways bias infiltrates the work of the judiciary, and factors that increase or decrease bias.
- Discover new resources and tools to improve our practice of intercultural competency.
- Describe the variety of ways we can provide implicit bias and cultural competence training.
Honorable Emily Chafa
State of Iowa
Honorable Jenny Starr
Minnesota Office of Administrative Hearings
Professor Erin Lain, J.D., Ph.D.
Associate Provost for Campus Equity and Inclusion
Professor of Law, Drake University
Log-in to MyABA to register for this complimentary program for Judicial Division Members. Not a member, join now for only $35.
Premium Content For:
- Lawyers Conference
- National Conference of Specialized Court Judges
- National Conference of State Trial Judges
- National Conference of the Administrative Law Judiciary
- National Conference of Federal Trial Judges
- Appellate Judges Conference