ABA Showcase: From Cradleboard to Shallow Grave: Boarding Schools, ICWA, and Missing & Murdered Indigenous Persons
Friday, August 4, 9:00am - 10:30am
ABA Showcase: Autism Awareness: How Courts Can Improve Access to Justice for a Vulnerable and Neuro-Diverse Population
Friday, August 4, 2:00pm - 3:30pm
The Standing Committee on Diversity in the Judiciary's Pathways to the Bench Panel
Wednesday, August 2, 5:30pm - 7:00pm
This panel is sponsored by The United States Navy, JAGC. We thank them for their sponsorship.
The State Trial Judges Townhall: The Art of Handling Key Complexities in High Profile Cases
Thursday, August 3, 10:00am - 11:00am
- JD Council Agenda Book
- Appellate Judges Conference Agenda Book
- Lawyers Conference Agenda Book
- National Conference of the Administrative Law Judiciary Agenda Book
- National Conference of Federal Trial Judges Agenda Book
- National Conference of Specialized Court Judges Agenda Book
- National Conference of State Trial Judges Agenda Book
The Judicial Division will be collecting gently-used children’s books for kids in the Denver community.
Drop off books any time from Wednesday, August 2 to Saturday, August 5 at the JD staff table in Room
113 at the Convention Center or at the JD Council Meeting on Saturday.
Reach Out and Read, a Denver-based nonprofit, collects and distributes books when kids visit the doctor for regular well-visits. The children receive a new age- and language-appropriate book from their pediatrician. Their siblings can also take these gently-used books from the waiting room to stock their shelves at home! When families are given books and the tools to succeed at every wellness check-up from 6 months to five years old, kids are more likely to be kindergarten-ready by the time they enter school.
Books should meet the following criteria:
- New or gently used (covers and pages intact, clean and unmarked pages)
- Age range includes infants through young adults (board books, picture books, early chapter books, young adult novels)
- No textbooks, and no used coloring or activity books
- No books with sensitive themes such as death, religion, divorce or abuse
Diversity Committee Reception
Wednesday, August 2, 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Judicial Division Welcome Reception and Awards Presentation
Thursday, August 3, 6:00pm - 7:30pm
This event is sold out and tickets are not available at the door.
Specialized Court Judges Awards Dinner
Saturday, August 5, 7:00pm - 9:00pm | Ticketed*
Past Division Chairs Breakfast
Sunday, August 6, 7:15am | Invite Only
*For ticketed events, please log into your registration account using your email and confirmation number, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click "Modify Registration." You will need to click through the registration information until you reach the ticketed events page.
There are many opportunities to showcase your company or products to Judicial Division members during future ABA Annual Meetings. Want to find out more? Contact our partners at MCI Sales at [email protected]