We are honored to recommend to President-Elect Reginald M. Turner, the extraordinary leaders from the Judicial Division to fulfill one of his over 700 Presidential Appointments. We encourage JD members to apply for ABA Presidential appointments through the Presidential Nomination system. You may apply online at the Presidential Nomination webpage. The application process opens on December 31, 2020.
To facilitate our efforts to support your nomination, please apply to the ABA online first and then provide a digital copy of your nomination data. In order for the Nominating Committee to have time to review your request for support, please send a copy of your application no later than Friday, February 12, 2021.
When you submit your nomination, please send an electronic copy of your form to Tori Jo Wible at email@example.com by no later than Friday, February 12, 2021. Also, you should copy the immediate past chair of your conference and send her/him a copy of your application. The past conference chairs are all members of the nominating committee. The past chair will take the lead on discussions on recommendation for members from their own conference. The JD Nominating Committee is continuing to review all applications and will determine whether to issue a letter of support.
If you want a letter of support, you MUST submit your application to the JD by Friday, February 12, 2021. The portal to submit letters of support closes at 5 pm Central Time on the 19th. In order to allow the Nominating Committee time to evaluate the applications and submit the letters of support, NO applications received after 5 pm Central Time on Friday, February 12, 2021 will be considered for a letter of support.
Below we have listed entities that are of particular interest to the Judicial Division and the members of the Nominating Committee. If you have any additional question please do not hesitate to contact Tori Jo Wible.
If you would like to discuss this process, please feel free to contact the ABA Appointments Committee Chair or Vice-Chair. For questions regarding the on-line application, please contact Danielle Norwood in the Office of the President at (312) 988-5122.
Hon. Elizabeth Lang Miers, Chair Nominating Committee
Hon. Elizabeth Lang Miers, Past-Chair JD (AJC)
Hon. Albert Diaz (AJC)
Hon. Heather Welch (STJ)
Hon. Robert Cohen (NCALJ)
Hon. Shelbonnie Hall (SCJ)
Hon. Leo Brisbois (FTJ)
Ms. Carolyn Dubay (LC)
The following are a list of Standing Committees, Special Committees and Commissions of particular interest to the Judicial Division:
- Standing Committees of Interest:
- Standing Committee on Delivery of Legal Services
- Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility, Judges Advisory Committee
- Standing Committee on Federal Judiciary
- Standing Committee on Governmental Affairs
- Standing Committee on the Law Library of Congress, Advisory Commission
- Standing Committee on Membership
- Standing Committee on Public Education
- Standing Committee on Publishing Oversight
- Special Committees and Commissions of Interest:
- Annual Meetings Program Planning
- Commission on Disability Rights
- Commission on Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Commission on Immigration
- Commission on Law and Aging
- Coalition on Racial and Ethnic Justice
- Commission on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Commission on Women in the Profession