The International Law Section of the American Bar Association provides this internship program and website for the sole purpose of informing ILS member lawyers/law firms and law students of international internship opportunities. The internship program, and ILS's and the ABA's sole activities relative thereto, consists of maintaining listings of internship opportunities on the ILS website and thereafter tabulating information and statistics concerning those internships for ILS's and the ABA's purposes.
In order to participate in the internship program, you must agree to all of the following terms and conditions:
- Neither ILS nor the ABA shall be liable to any person or law firm for any claims, demands, causes of action or damages whatsoever resulting from, arising out of or connected with the internship program or website, or ILS's maintenance of them. Without limiting the foregoing:
- Any understanding or arrangement between lawyers/law firms and law students shall be determined and agreed between the parties, independently of ILS or the ABA. Neither the ABA nor ILS shall have any liability of any kind resulting from a failure of a party to comply with its representations.
- It is the sole responsibility of each participant to independently investigate and determine the suitability and bona fides of any person or law firm with whom any understanding, arrangement or agreement is made. All users of this website who contact, or are contacted by, any person or law firm listed thereon or otherwise, do so at their own risk.
- Neither ILS nor the ABA shall be liable to any person or law firm for any claims, demands, causes of action or damages whatsoever resulting from, arising out of or connected with ILS's or the ABA's use of information provided in connection with or related to the internship program or the website. Without limiting the foregoing:
- All participants agree to provide ILS with feed-back and information regarding the internship program as ILS, from time to time, may reasonably request. All participants consent to the use of any information supplied and any statistics derived therefrom in any manner determined to be appropriate by ILS, in its sole reasonable discretion.
- Neither the ABA nor the Section have any role in the criteria, selection or placement of any interns, nor is there any guarantee that a listed employer will select any applicants in a given year. All arrangements related to the internship, including but not limited to travel planning and costs, visa or work permits, and any agreed compensation or stipends are the sole responsibility of the employer and the intern and neither the ABA nor the Section shall be involved in such arrangements.