The ABA international Section Export Controls and Economic Sanctions Committee invites you to join a free webinar discussion on changes in US export-control enforcement policy in 2022, moderated by International Trade attorney, Samantha Sewall., and featuring Matthew S. Axelrod, Assistant Secretary for Export Enforcement at the U.S Commerce Department.
This event is co-sponsored by:
- Association of Women in International Trade
- Customs and International Trade Bar Association
- D.C. Bar International Law Community
- Virginia State Bar International Practice Section
Attendees may join in-person at the offices of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, 1050 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20036.
In-person attendees should notify the ABA of attendance by emailing Lavinia Cousin, firstname.lastname@example.org, to complete the ABA Health and Safety Affirmations form and to be included on the building security list. This is a requirement for In-person attendance.
Health & Safety: ABA In-Person Meeting Disclaimer
The ABA takes the health and safety of our members, guests, and staff seriously. We know that the decision whether to attend a meeting is based upon a variety of personal and business considerations. We will continue to monitor a variety of sources, including the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and U.S. state and local health authorities for the latest public health updates, as well as applicable restrictions on events and gatherings. The ABA plans to hold this meeting in person but reserves the right to cancel or reschedule this event or convert it to a virtual event if health and safety restrictions require it. We will update the registrants and the website should the plans for this event change.
As part of the registration process to hold this ABA meeting in person, every attendee is required to affirm his/her commitment to comply with the in-person meeting guidelines. Please review the requirements carefully prior to registering for the meeting. You will be asked to accept the following affirmations during the registration process:
- If I register for and attend the meeting in person, I affirm that I am up to date on my COVID vaccinations, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) or have taken a negative COVID test within 3 days of my arrival at the meeting.
- If I bring a guest to the in-person meeting, including minors under the age of 18, I understand that my guest must affirm full vaccination or negative COVID test taken within 3 days of the guest’s arrival at the meeting.
- By registering for and attending the meeting in person, I affirm that I will comply with all CDC, federal, state, local, and venue-specific laws, orders, directives, and guidelines related to COVID appropriate to my particular health status. I affirm that I will follow any more stringent state, local, or venue requirements related to hand sanitation, social distancing, and use of face coverings in place at the location of the meeting.
- If I attend the meeting in person, I will also follow all travel restrictions in place at the location of the meeting and my point of origin at the time of the meeting.
- I will not attend the meeting in person if, within the last ten (10) full days of the meeting, I have tested positive for COVID, am experiencing symptoms of COVID, or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID. If at any time during the meeting I begin to experience symptoms of COVID, or am in contact with someone experiencing symptoms, I will immediately leave the meeting and inform the ABA. If I test positive for COVID within 10 days after the meeting, I will inform the ABA. The requirements in this affirmation also apply to any guest(s) or minor(s) attending the meeting with me.
- If I attend the meeting in person, I understand that my guests, including minors under the age of 18, and I may be required to complete health screening questions after arrival at the meeting to access ABA meeting and event spaces.
The content of this program does not meet requirements for continuing legal education (CLE) accreditation. You will not receive CLE credit for this program.