Weekly bunded program registration is available for the low rate of $70 for Section members, or you can purchase individual CLE programs for $25 each for Section members. If you purchase two bundled weeks, then you can receive a complimentary third week (request the week you’d like). Non-CLE programming part of the ABA International Law Section Virtual Annual Meeting is complimentary if you purchase one bundled week or more of programming. An email will be sent to these registrants with links to the non-CLE programs and space is limited.
Check out our Meeting App to engage with other attendees, connect with speakers, as well as plan and create your customized virtual meeting schedule and experience. (The Meeting App is best in Google Chrome and not supported by Internet Explorer.)
Please note that you will receive email confirmations for each program in the bundled week.
The ABA will seek accreditation for the CLE programs as listed above. Please refer to the individual programs and bundled weeks for CLE credit hours, as they may vary. Credit hours are estimated and are subject to each state’s approval and credit rounding rules. Please visit www.americanbar.org/events-cle/mcle/ for general information on CLE at the ABA.
Past Programs: On-Demand
Week 1: May 26-28
- May 26 at 11am EDT: Ethics and Advocacy in Cross Border Disputes: Navigating the Clash of Legal Cultures (Ethics)
- May 26 at 1:30pm EDT: Thinking Big After the Singapore Convention: The Growing Promise of Cross-Border Mediation
- May 26 at 4pm EDT: Ethics? AI? And the World? AI and Algorithm Development and New Frontiers of Professional Responsibility (Ethics)
- May 27 at 11am EDT: Impact of Government Policy on Pricing and Access to Prescription Medical Products in the US and International Marketplace
- May 27 at 1pm EDT: A Dialogue on Matters that Matter with United Nations Under-Secretary-General and High Representative for Disarmament Affairs Ms. Izumi Nakamitsu and Jonathan Granoff (Non-CLE)
- May 28: at 11am EDT: Difficulties, Traps and Pitfalls of Cross-Border Dealmaking
- May 28 at 1:30pm EDT: Navigating the Rough Seas of Foreign Legal Compliance and Accelerating Compliance Enhancement
- May 28 at 4pm EDT: New Approaches to Combating International Terrorism
Week 2: June 1-5
- June 1 at 11am EDT: Enforcement of ISDS Awards Against Sovereigns
- June 1 at 1:30pm EDT: Non-disclosure Agreements and Silencing Orders – Disempowerment in the Modern Age
- June 1 at 4pm EDT: Cryptocurrency Opportunities and Perils: Promoting Responsible Innovation
- June 2 at 11am EDT: Legal Perspectives on Impact Investing for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment
- June 2 at 1:30pm EDT: The 1782 Conundrum: The American Dream or a Global Nightmare?
- June 2 at 4pm EDT: Artificial Intelligence, Predictive Analytics, and Unlawful Discrimination
- June 3 at 9am EDT: There’s No Place for Us… Empowerment of Women in the Legal Profession (Non-CLE)
- June 3 at 4pm EDT: Nowhere to Hide: Exercising Universal Jurisdiction over Human Rights Perpetrators
- June 4 at 11am EDT: What Next, Me Too? The Evolution of the International Sex Harassment and Discrimination Movement and Why Business Should Care
- June 4 at 1:30pm EDT: Reviewing Capitalism: The Future is Here – Investors Look to Impact Investing To Do Good While Doing Well, a Legal Perspective
- June 4 at 4pm EDT: How Diversity Impacts the Bottom Line for Corporations and Law Firms: The Case of General Motors (Elimination of Bias/Diversity and Inclusion)
- June 5 at 9am EDT: International Trade in Legal Services: Access to Restricted Legal Markets (Non-CLE)
Week 3: June 8-11
- June 8 at 11am EDT: A Crystal Ball: Immigration Legal Experts Analyze Current Trends And Look To The Future
- June 8 at 1:30pm EDT: Rising Tides of Protectionism? Foreign Direct Investment Regulations Across the Globe
- June 8 at 4pm EDT: Final FIRRMA Rules and Their Implications for Cross-Border M&A
- June 9 at 11am EDT: The Changing Landscape of the Modern Global Workforce
- June 9 at 1:30pm EDT: Third Party Funding in International Arbitration and Cross-Border Litigation: The Current State of Play
- June 9 at 4pm EDT: Developing a Personal Brand (Non-CLE)
- June 10 at 4pm EDT: Antitrust in 2020 and Beyond: Is It Up to the Task? (Non-CLE)
- June 11 at 11am EDT: Ethics and Non-Lawyer Ownership: Non-Lawyer Ownership of US Law Firms: A Train that Can’t Be Stopped? (Ethics)
- June 11 at 1:30pm EDT: Global Sanctions Compliance - A Lose-Lose Situation for Multi-National Companies?
- June 11 at 4pm EDT: Legal Perspectives on the Impact of Immigration on the Family Unit
Week 4: June 15-18
- June 15 at 11am EDT: New Sheriff in Town: The US Department of Justice's Increased Enforcement of the Foreign Agents Registration Act
- June 15 at 1:30pm EDT: Shareholder Activism: A Legal Perspective on America's Latest Export
- June 15 at 4pm EDT: Bobbing, Ducking and Weaving: The Legal Impact of Trade Wars and Increasing Enforcement Measures on Global Supply Chains
- June 16 at 11am EDT: The Art of the Pitch (Non-CLE)
- June 16 at 1:30pm EDT: "Beware the Fine Print," 5 Years Later - Does Arbitration Disempower Consumers from Bringing Class Actions in the US and Other Countries?
- June 16 at 4pm EDT: Emerging Companies: Cutting Teeth on Global Legal Regulation
- June 16 at 6pm EDT: Dealing with the Asia Pacific Ring of Trade Fire (Non-CLE):
- June 18 at 1:30pm EDT: Seller be Empowered! How to Protect M&A Sellers from Buyers' Excessive Risk Aversion… or Greed?
- June 18 at 4pm EDT: Understanding China’s Belt and Road Initiative and U.S. Legal and Policy Efforts to Address It
Week 5: June 22-25
- June 22 at 11am EDT: Identifying the Ultimate Beneficial Owners of Business Organizations: Exposing Kleptocrats and Terrorists Behind Shell Companies - Or Just Another Compliance Burden?
- June 22 at 1:30pm EDT: The Missing Link: In House Counsel, Corporate Social Responsibility: Winning Case Studies in Achieving the UN Sustainability Goals
- June 22 at 4pm EDT: Climate Action: Where is the Action?
- June 23 at 11am EDT: Facility Dogs Give Voice to Victims of Trauma and Violence Worldwide
- June 23 at 1:30pm EDT: The Seat Matters: The Expansion and Evolution of International Commercial Courts and Global Arbitration Centers
- June 23 at 4pm EDT: Legislation of Data Privacy - from the CCPA and GDPR to the Uniform Law Commission
- June 24 at 4pm EDT: Commemorating the 400th Anniversary of the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade in the English Colonies: Why Does Slavery Still Exist 400 Years Later? (Non-CLE)
- June 25 at 11am EDT: Investing in Legal Cannabis
- June 25 at 1:30pm EDT: Stronger Bonds than Marriage - Governance and Exit Structures for International Joint Ventures
- June 25 at 4:00pm EDT: Protection of Cultural and Historical Sites Around the World: Challenges and Opportunities
Week 6: June 29-July 2
- June 29 at 11:00am EDT: Following the Money to Combat Human Trafficking
- June 29 at 1:30pm EDT: Career Transitions and Evolutions
- June 29 at 4:00pm EDT: The Anti-Corruption Revolution in Latin American: the Beginning of the End, or the End of the Beginning?
- June 30 at 1:30pm EDT: Paradise Recouped? Impact of Helms-Burton Title III Activation on Expropriated Cuban Property
- June 30 at 4:00pm EDT: Barbarians at the Gate: Fintechs vs. Banks. Or Perhaps, May We Say Fintechs and Banks Together, Hand by Hand? Battlefield or Common Ground?
- July 2 at 11:00am EDT: Global Conspiracies and Their Implications
- July 2 at 1:30pm EDT: Shifting International Approaches to Corporate Cooperation, Self-Reporting, and DPA Resolutions in White-Collar Cases
- July 2 at 4:00pm EDT: Diving into Latin American Challenges and Opportunities for M&A