Hotel and Travel Information
New York Marriott Downtown
85 West Street
New York, NY 10006
The host hotel for the 2020 Annual Meeting is the New York Marriott Downtown. The New York Marriott Downtown has reserved a limited block of rooms for the group until March 22, 2020* at the special nightly rate of $319 plus applicable daily tax per room for single/double occupancy. The number of rooms available at this special rate is limited, so early booking is recommended.
- Reservations may be made online.
- For reservations via telephone, call 1-877-303-0104** (toll-free).
*The group rate will be available 3 days pre and 3 days post conference and the rooms are based on availability.
**Be sure to reference “ABA INTNL LAW ANNUAL MEETING” when calling the toll-free number.
The Section is proud to offer a variety of discounted registration rates based on your membership status with the ABA and practice setting. Our full week registration rates include daily breakfast, all CLE programming, and nightly receptions Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday evening. Luncheons and guest reception tickets are also available for sale.
Early Bird Registration Rates expire March 15, 2020!
To add ticketed events to your existing registration, please click here. You will need your badge number and email address to access your registration.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about registering.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Cancellations must be made in writing and received by the Section office by Friday, April 10, 2020, for a full refund of fees, less a $250 administrative fee. The Section will accept substitutions for registrants unable to attend. All substitution and cancellation requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refund of registration or fee for a ticketed event will be granted after that date except in the case of medical emergency or similarly extenuating circumstances approved by the Section in its sole discretion.
- When a completed registration form and payment have been submitted to the Section office either by mail, fax, e-mail or through our online registration system, the registration is considered to be a firm commitment and you will be expected to pay the registration and any ticketed event fees, unless a written cancellation is received as set forth above.
- Individuals may re-sell their purchased lunch & guest tickets to other meeting attendees unless the ticket is indicated to be “non-transferable”.
- Any refunds issued will be processed to the credit card on file for individuals who made the payment via credit card.
ABA NEGOTIATED AIRFARE DISCOUNTS – AVAILABLE ONLINE!
With ABA Egencia*, you can automatically obtain ABA negotiated airfare discounts for travel to the ABA Meetings. ABA Egencia enables you to purchase the best airfare at the time of booking, by providing you with the ability to search for and compare fares from virtually every airline serving the destination.
*A Travel Profile is required when booking airline reservations with ABA Egencia, click for more information.
We are pleased to have the strong support of several firms. Refer to the sponsors listed in the sponsorship brochure.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click here for the sponsorship brochure.
The ABA will seek 24.50 hours of CLE credit, in 60-minute states, and 29.40 hours of CLE credit for this program in 50-minute states. Credit hours are estimated and are subject to each state’s approval and credit rounding rules.
Please visit www.americanbar.org/mcle for general information on CLE at the ABA.
In preparation for the conference, we ask that Speakers take notice of a few items to make their valued participation a smooth process.
- Important Dates to Remember:
- Friday, January 31, 2020: Speaker Release and Speaker Bio forms due
- Wednesday, March 15, 2020 – Early Bird Registration ends
- Monday, April 6, 2020 – Advance Registration ends
- Registration: In accordance with Section policy, all speakers/moderators must register for the Annual Meeting and pay the relevant registration rate. Please reach out to the Program Chair of your panel or contact Section Staff with questions regarding registration.
- Speaker Release Form, Bio, and Photo: All speakers must submit signed speaker releases, bios and a photo. Please see link below to the appropriate forms:
For all speaker-related questions, please contact the Section office, email@example.com, or the program chair of your panel.
A limited number of registration fee reductions are available for this program upon application. The fee-reductions will be determined on a one-time only, case-by-case, first-come first-serve basis. Requests must be received at least three weeks before the program start date. You will be notified prior to the program if your application is approved. A minimal fee may be charged on all approved applications to defray expenses. For programs with tuition costs of $500 or more, qualifying attorneys will receive at least a 50% reduction in the course fee(s) only.
To apply, send a letter outlining the basis for your request of a fee reduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the meeting, please contact email@example.com or call 202-662-1660.