Issues and actions relating to ethics within the intellectual property law profession, other aspects of professional responsibility and associated disciplinary issues, including providing or acting on:
(1) requests for opinions from Section members on matters involving professional ethics and, subject to the approval of the Section Council, forwards a proposed opinion to the A.B.A. Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility;
(2) reports to the Section containing advice with respect to opinions of the Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility of the Association;
(3) reports to the Section containing advice with respect to proposals for amendments to the Code of Professional Responsibility, including advertising by lawyers and any code of ethics for practitioners before Administrative Tribunals;
(4) recommendations to the Section with respect to lawyers' professional liability insurance; and
(5) reports to the Section on legislative and judicial developments respecting professional liability of those who practice law in the fields of special interest to the Section; including cooperating or collaborating, through the Section Chair and Council as appropriate, with other committees and entities within the Association, particularly the Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility and the Committee on Professional Discipline of the Association.