*** The timeline for this RFP was updated on February 26, 2021. The updated RFP template reflects the following timeline changes: The ABA will respond to clarifying questions by March 12, 2021, Proposals are due by March 15, 2021, and Finalists will be notified by March 19, 2021. Please see updated RFP here***
Consultancy: Legal Drafting
The American Bar Association (ABA) Center for Human Rights is seeking a part time consultant with experience in international human rights law.
Responsibilities include (see Request for Proposal for more detailed responsibilities and evaluation criteria):
- Case Analyses: The consultant will assess legal cases in domestic courts around the world for the purposes of identifying violations of international human rights law.
- Liaising with Local Partners: The consultant will be in close touch with local partners to obtain information about cases and potential advocacy strategies.
- Drafting Reports: The consultant will assist with the drafting of reports on violations of international human rights law, including but not limited to violations of fundamental freedoms, such as freedom of expression, association, and assembly, and fair trial rights.
- The successful candidate must have a JD (or foreign equivalent) and at least 4 years experience.
- Experience in communicating with local partners, including through the use of secure communication protocols.
- Experience in drafting reports that provide succinct and well-documented facts and analysis of applicable human rights law.
- Experience with submissions to international and regional treaty bodies.
- Language proficiency in Spanish, Russian, or Arabic is required.
- Experience working on fair trial rights preferred, particularly with knowledge of criminal law and procedure in civil law countries.
How to apply
· Please provide a current CV and follow all application instructions in the Request for Proposals handled by Morgan Wyrick, firstname.lastname@example.org, posted on February 22, 2021. All applications are due by March 15, 2021 at 5:00pm EST. Please respond to annexes A, B, and C in a single PDF document.
* Appendix A - Bidder Response Sheet
* Appendix B - Evaluative Questionnaire.
*Appendix C - Price Submittle
*CV or Resume
*Cover letter - maximum 2 pages.
*Social media handles (Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter)