Senior Program Manager, Justice Defenders Program
The American Bar Association (ABA) Center for Human Rights is seeking a human rights attorney with experience supervising attorneys to join its Justice Defenders Program as a Senior Program Manager. Candidates with substantial experience working in Latin America and the Caribbean and/or the Middle East and North Africa are preferred.
Experience working on labor or business and human rights is also preferred. All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States. The ABA does not sponsor visas.
The Senior Program Manager will report directly to the Director of the Justice Defenders Program. Responsibilities include:
- Supervision/Case Management: The Senior Program Manager shall supervise 1-2 staff attorneys coordinating the provision of pro bono assistance and conducting trial observations.
- The Senior Program Manager will provide strategic guidance on advocacy activities, ensure compliance with relevant policies and track the budget for the region(s).
- Program Development: The Senior Program Manager shall manage the Center’s pro bono network, assist in program design and the development of proposals, participate in donor relations, and oversee monitoring and evaluation of grant activities.
Please note Program staff are expected to travel up to 25% of the time. The Senior Program Manager shall be expected to begin immediately, and no later than one (1) month after notification of their successful application.
- The successful candidate must have a bachelor's degree and 7 years’ experience, a master's and 5 years’ experience, or a JD and 4 years’ experience.
- Experience in working with USG funded programs.
- Experience or knowledge of legal reform issues in country or region where placed.
- Language proficiency required or extremely helpful depending on region.
- Management experience required.
How To Apply
Please upload a detailed cover letter, resume or CV, three references, and a legal writing sample to the American Bar Association Employment Portal.