A free webinar on how to help efficiently and effectively (spring 2020)
Call to Action
- ALIGHT Call to Action- U.S. Attorneys (July 2020)
The resources below provide an overview of trafficking issues:
- Trafficking Power and Control Wheel
- Lawyer’s Manual on Human Trafficking Pursuing Justice for Victims: Edited by Jill Laurie Goodman and Dorchen A. Leidholdt
- Out of the Shadows: A Tool Kit for the Identification of Victims of Trafficking
- National Human Trafficking Resource Center: Student Toolkit
- Intersections of Human Trafficking, Domestic Violence, and Sexual Assault
The resources below discuss children and human trafficking:
- Building Child Welfare Response to Child Trafficking Handbook (2011) - also used as reference for pending federal legislation, HR2730, "Strengthening Child Welfare Response to Child Trafficking"
- Outcome Document: 2010 National Conference on Human Trafficking and Exploitation of Children and Youth in the United States
- Legal Services Assessment for Child Trafficking Survivors - Brief Project Description (2012)
- An Introduction to Child Trafficking in the United States (Jan 2012) from the ABA Section of Litigation, Children's Rights Litigation Committee
- CHRC - Legal Services Assessment for Child Trafficking Survivors
- Offenders on the Move: Global Study on Sexual Exploitation of Children in Travel and Tourism by ECPAT
The resources below discuss immigration and human trafficking:
The resources below discuss criminal prosecution and human trafficking:
- Identifying Challenges to Improve the Investigation and Prosecution of State and Local Human Trafficking Cases: A Report Submitted to the National Institue for Justice
- Assisting Human Trafficking Victims with Return of Property and Restitution: AEquitas
Freedom For All is a practical introduction to human trafficking and what you can do in your practice area.
Business Law Section
This issue of The Judges’ Journal brings to light issues surrounding human trafficking, a modern form of slavery, and the widespread efforts to bring victims out of the shadows and deliver justice for them. Brave and committed people from groups such as the ABA are looking for individuals to help them and join this worthy fight.