To develop educational programs in the field of human rights; promote a greater understanding of and belief in the importance of human rights; collaborate with other ABA entities in the development and encouragement of human rights efforts, activities and programs; and assist in the development of appropriate ABA polices on human rights issues.
This mission serves the following objectives of ABA Goal IV.
GOAL IV: ADVANCE THE RULE OF LAW.
- Increase public understanding of and respect for the rule of law, the legal process, and the role of the legal profession at home and throughout the world.
- Hold governments accountable under law.
- Work for just laws, including human rights, and a fair legal process.
- Assure meaningful access to justice for all persons.
- Preserve the independence of the legal profession and the judiciary.