The American Bar Association Health Law Section (HLS) and the Chicago Medical Society (CMS) are requesting proposals for the upcoming Healthcare Delivery & Innovation Conference (HDI) (previously named the Physicians Legal Issues Conference), which will be held September 26-27, 2024, in Chicago, IL.
The deadline to complete and submit the Program Proposal Form is Friday, February 23, 2024.
HDI, which builds on our successful Physicians Legal Issues conferences of the past, is focused on the intersection between business law and healthcare, innovations in healthcare delivery, and regulatory compliance. While the Planning Committee welcomes submissions on any relevant topic, the Planning Committee has developed the following list of broad topics that it believes will be of particular interest to attendees:
- Data strategy, privacy, and security
- Digital health applications and telehealth
- Artificial intelligence in healthcare
- Physician relationships with insurance companies
- Value based compensation and alternative payment arrangements
- Physician scope of practice
- Medical staff challenges, including credentialing and peer review
- Best practices to manage payor audits
- Dealing with overpayments and billing errors
- Physician wellness and other healthcare workforce considerations
- Navigating employment agreements
HLS and CMS continually strive to increase the participation of women, diverse ethnicities, disabled, and LGBTQ speakers in our activities, as well as presenters from distinct geographic locations and practice settings. It is suggested that submitters consider including a physician speaker as a member of the panel to provide balance and an important perspective from within the medical community. Please consider these criteria when proposing prospective speakers.
Please note that multiple proposals covering the same topics are frequently received. At the discretion of the Planning Committee, these proposals may be consolidated. Proposals that are not selected for this program may be considered by the HLS Distance Learning Committee for an upcoming webinar or member benefit program within the ABA.
You will receive notification regarding your submission once the HDI Planning Committee has finalized its selections. If you have any questions about the submission and notification processes, please contact Danielle Daly, Meetings Manager, at [email protected].
We value your participation and look forward to your proposals!