The ABA Health Law Section (HLS) and the Chicago Medical Society (CMS) are requesting proposals for their upcoming joint program, Physicians Legal Issues: Healthcare Delivery & Innovation Conference (PLI). PLI brings together attorneys, physicians, healthcare legal experts, government officials, and insurer representatives who will provide the tools, educational materials, and strategies to improve patient care and healthcare delivery. It will be held September 10-12, 2020 at the Fairmont Chicago - Millennium Park Hotel in Chicago, IL.
As a benefit of HLS or CMS membership, members receive exclusive access to this form and their proposals receive priority over other submissions. Details are as follows:
- The deadline to complete and submit the Program Proposal Form is Monday, February 17, 2020. Please note that multiple entries from the same speaker/team/company will need to be submitted separately. All proposals need to be submitted via the link above (or https://americanbar.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eXmLlpXVFBHzMTr) to be considered. Please note that emailed proposals will not be accepted.
- Your proposal must include a title, a detailed description and two potential speakers. HLS and CMS continually strive to increase the participation of women, diverse ethnicities, disabled and LGBTQ speakers in our activities, as well as promote diversity in geographic locations and practice settings. Please consider these criteria when proposing prospective speakers.
- Please note that multiple proposals which cover the same topics are frequently received.. At the discretion of the planning committee, these proposals may be consolidated. Also, proposals that are not selected for this program will be considered by the HLS Distance Learning and National Institute Committee for an upcoming webinar or member benefit program within the ABA.
- The committees may prioritize proposals that include innovative and engaging presentation methods.
- You will receive notification regarding your submission once the program planning committee has finalized their selections. We ask for your patience as it is a lengthy process. If you have any questions about the submission and notification processes, please contact Daryl C. Taylor, CMP, Senior Meeting Planner, or Paige Rodenberg, Meetings Assistant, at HLSevents@americanbar.org regarding the status of your proposal.
We value your participation and look forward to your proposals!