As a co-sponsor of this inaugural event, the ABA Health Law Section is excited to announce the Taos Health Law Roundtable, being held at Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico, January 23-26, 2020. This event will combine top-notch health law CLE in the mornings and afternoons, with world-class skiing and boarding during the day. We are pleased to announce the following topics and speakers confirmed thus far:
- Telehealth and Artificial Intelligence (Clinton Mikel)
- New Developments with Stark and AKS (Clay Countryman, Jason Ruchaber)
- M&A Trends and Developments (Howard Wall, Joe Sowell, Scott Rayson, Moderator: Adrienne Dresevic)
- Investigating and Defending Healthcare Fraud (Robert Rhoad, Matt Turetzky, Howard Thomas, Moderator: David Douglass)
- What does Diversity Mean in Health Care and Health Law? (Julian Rivera and Stefan Chacon)
- Developments in Compounding Pharmacy, Outsourcing Facilities and Related FDA Actions (Jay McEniry, Alex Gorman)
- Developments in Federal Prosecutions and Significant changes to OIG self-disclosure protocol (Michael Loucks, Heidi Sorenson)
- Healthcare Antitrust, Developments in Federal Prosecutions (Michael Greer)
- Addressing the Opioid Crisis (Ted Kanellakes, David Johnson)
Apart from CLE and ski/boarding, this event will feature a wine tasting on Friday evening with New Mexico’s oldest winery, La Chiripada. Saturday evening participants and guests will be transported to The Bavarian on the mountain for dinner. Participants can purchase discounted lift tickets, and we have also arranged several off-slope options, including a walking tour of Taos museums, and a visit to the Gorge Bridge and Taos Pueblo. Additional on-mountain perks for skiers and riders are in the works, so stay tuned!
You can register at our website, and make sure to book your rooms at The Blake by visiting their website, or by calling 800-776-1111. We have arranged special rates and a room block for participants and their guests, so register soon before it closes. For more information, email Stefan Chacon or Clinton Mikel, or visit healthlawroundtable.com. We look forward to seeing you in Taos this winter!