Moderated by T. James Junger, Vice-Chair, ABA Health Law Section Healthcare Facility Operations Interest Group, Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman (Milwaukee, WI)
- Kenya S. Woodruff, Partner & Deputy General Counsel, Katten Muchin Rosenman (Dallas, TX)
- Elizabeth W. Harrell, Senior Operations Counsel, HCA Gulf Coast Division (Raleigh, NC)
- Joseph E.H. Atkinson, Of Counsel, Hancock Daniel (Richmond, VA)
- Business & Transactions: Focuses on mergers, acquisitions and affiliations, integrated health systems, technology (electronic and bio-medical), contractual and joint venture business relationships and federal and state regulatory compliance.
- Healthcare Facility Operations: Counsels clients on the laws, regulations, and policies governing the operations of hospitals and other healthcare facilities including Medicare, Medicaid, EMTALA, licensure national organization standards: Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), and the National Committee on Quality Assurance.
- Physician Issues: Focuses on joint ventures, Stark Law, fraud and abuse. Counsels clients on practice management arrangements; medical staff issues; medical malpractice insurance issues; credentialing issues; and HIPAA