Moderated by James Kiai, ABA Law Student Division Liaison to the Health Law Section Council; Member, Health Law Section Membership Committee Law Student Outreach and Engagement Subcommittee; Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law (South Bend, IN)
- Andy Liu, Partner, Nichols Liu LLP (Washington, DC)
- James Peacock, BSN, JD, LLM; Vice President & General Counsel of Claims, Litigation, and Risk Prevention at Baylor Scott & White Health (Dallas, Texas)
- Sarah Burris Clayton, Director, ADR Services, American Arbitration Association, International Centre for Dispute Resolution (Charlotte, NC)
- Healthcare Fraud & Compliance: Focuses on Stark Law issues, institutional and non-institutional physician issues, ethical, false claims, quality of care issues, and private sector enforcement initiatives.
- Healthcare Litigation & Risk Management: Focuses on Healthcare-related litigation and investigatory matters including administrative, civil and criminal cases; counsels clients on best practices for reducing the risk of or actual acts of policy, regulatory or legal violations.
- ADR & Conflict Management in Healthcare: Dispute resolution can sometimes be used interchangeably with conflict resolution, although conflicts are generally more deep-rooted and lengthy. Learn how dispute resolution techniques are used when solving issues between patients, physicians, service providers, and government regulators.