- FastCompany's Office Humor page offers articles on the importance of humor and links to funny stuff.
- McClurg's Legal Humor Headquarters is an interactive humor network for legal types.
- Patently Silly: The Humor of Invention.
- Warwick & Seltz: Faux law firm dedicated to fighting mediocre pizza.
Non-Billable Minutes (Fun and Games)
Recreation and Entertainment
- LibraryThing: Catalog your books online and see other people's collections.
- What Should I Read Next?: Type in a book you liked and get suggestions for other books you might like.
- NYTimes Bestseller list
- allmusic: Search artists, albums and songs. Browse by genre, mood and more. Listen to selected songs in WMF. Read reviews.
- KissThisGuy is the archive of misheard lyrics.
- Type an artist's name at Pandora and it launches a streaming station with music it thinks you will like.
- Upto11.net to discover and share the music that you love.
- IMDb: The Internet Movie Database. Look up past and present movies. See what is playing near you by movie or theater.
- The Mayo Clinic has information on workplace stress, workplace safety and work-life balance.
- WebMD has information on healthy living to help you keep a healthy family and healthy home.
- The Atlanta Bar Association publishes The Complete Lawyer which strives to provide tools and insights on the best practices in personal and professional development that impact every lawyer’s success and satisfaction.
- Esq.Blog is for lawyers committed to having a successful career, and a fulfilling personal life.
- Legal Sanity's Work/Life Balance Arnie Herz's popular blog has a section devoted to Work/Life balance.
- The Billable Hour Company's newsletter, "The Timesheet" has legal humor and work/life balance columns.
- The Truth about the Billable Hour is an article from Yale Law School Career Development Office.
- Attorney Work Life Balance Calculator
- Cheryl Stevens has some articles in her page on Quality of Life Issues in Law Practice Management.
- Six Steps for Creating Greater Work-Life Balance for Lawyer
Two books of interest from the ABA's LPM Section are:
- The Lawyer’s Guide to Balancing Life and Work, 2nd edition, by George W. Kaufman
- Women-at-Law: Lessons Learned Along the Pathways to Success, by Phyllis Horn Epstein
- Sure, Solosez is a great place to discuss the law and practice management issues, but it is also a virtual watercooler, where people pass along fun stuff or discuss the lighter-side of practicing law.
- The Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs (CoLAP) help lawyers struggling with addiction, stress, depression, and other mental health problems.
- Commission on Women has published Balanced Lives: Changing Culture of Legal Practice