The GPSolo Difference Makers Awards recognize extraordinary individuals who “make a difference” by breaking down barriers and through community service, pro bono work, and service to the profession. Visit the Difference Makers Awards web page for answers to frequently asked questions and a list of past winners.
NOMINATIONS ARE DUE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2020
- Difference Maker. This award honors a deserving attorney or non-attorney who (a) has made a difference in the local community, and (b) lives in the local geographic area where the Division is meeting and where the Difference Makers Awards program is being held.
- Making a Difference by Breaking Barriers. This award honors an attorney living or deceased who broke barriers for gender, color, disabilities, or sexual orientation.
- Making a Difference Through Community Service. This award honors an attorney living or deceased who made a significant lifetime contribution to the local community through community service (not necessarily through bar work or pro bono work per se).
- Making a Difference Through Pro Bono Work. This award honors an attorney, law firm, corporate legal department, government attorney office, or institution in the legal profession that has made an outstanding commitment to volunteer legal services for the poor and disadvantaged.
- Making a Difference Through Service to the Profession. This award honors an attorney living or deceased who made a significant contribution to the legal profession through service to the profession (i.e., frequent activities in bar associations, committees, and services).
GPSolo Roundtables for Learning and Networking
GPSolo hosts regular roundtable meetings via Zoom where lawyers—and anyone else—come together to share their experiences and meet new colleagues. Browse audio from our roundtable programs.
Roundtables are held every Thursday at 1:00 PM Central Time via Zoom. You only need to sign up once to access all upcoming chats through August 27, 2020. The sign-in information will not change. And it’s free!
We recognize that this is a time of uncertainty, but it is in these times that the strength of our community becomes most apparent. We fully expect new innovations to emerge as we find better ways to serve your needs. GPSolo has created a web page to keep our members informed on how the COVID-19 virus is impacting our industry. Stay healthy, safe, and vigilant.