Although running a successful business requires acumen in a number of areas, most attorneys open a law practice without prior business experience and with little or no education or guidance regarding the operational aspects. No wonder so many lawyers struggle financially and never reach their full economic potential.
In putting together the July/August 2018 issue of GPSolo, the hard-working Editorial Board invited a number of experts to share strategic insight into the four pillars of a successful law practice: Financial, Management, Marketing, and Technology. A slate of top-level professionals agreed to contribute articles, and results-oriented readers who adopt the suggestions contained in this issue will reap the rewards.
You can look forward to learning about the following topics from your colleagues:
- Money Makes the World Go ’Round: Banking, Start-Up Costs, and Financing Your Law Practice—Rinky S. Parwani
- Can Insurance Be Cool?—Rjon Robins
- From Business Plan to Succession Plan: Structure for Today with Tomorrow in Sight—Martin H. Abo
- Financing Retirement—James H. Toms
- Fantastic Mentors and Where to Find Them—Esther Hyun
- Starting a Niche Practice: Fit that Round Peg in the Square Hole—Amanda Selogie
- How to Be Profitable in Several Niches (Even If You Don’t Think You Can)—Dan X. Nguyen
- Outsource Your Office Tasks and Unleash Your Earning Potential—Andrea Cannavina
- Self-Care for Lawyers: Secrets for Health, Happiness, and Success—JoAnn Tully
- A Guide to Referrals and Networking for Extroverts and Introverts Alike—Cedric Ashley and Cynthia Sharp
- When Your Brand Needs a Hand: Marketing Tips from a Trademark Attorney—Sonia Lakhany
- Hardware—Destinee Evers
- Cloud vs. In-House Infrastructure—Forrest Blair
- Law Practice Management System—Tom Caffrey
- Document Management and Assembly—Seth G. Rowland
- Accounting, Billing, and Timekeeping—Caren Schwartz
- Cybersecurity and Backup—Wells Anderson
- Online Marketing—Fred J. Cohen
As you probably already know, the July/August 2018 issue of GPSolo will be an experimental, electronic-only issue. All our regularly columns that you have come to look forward to will continue to be part of the magazine. Details of the format are still being determined, but it will be available both online via the Division website and as an e-document downloadable via the website and the GPSolo Digital Edition and GPSolo eReport e-newsletters.
No matter the format, all readers will agree that the nougats of essential wisdom and practical advice in the July/August issue will prove helpful to the novice and seasoned practitioner alike.