2012 Difference Makers Award Winners
Congratulations to GPSolo’s 2012 Difference Makers Award winners, who were honored at the 2012 Fall Leadership Meeting in Seattle, Washington. The Difference Makers Awards recognize extraordinary individuals who “made a difference” by breaking barriers through community service, through pro bono work, and through service to the profession.
- The Difference Makers Award was presented to Justice Steven Gonzalez, Washington State Supreme Court. This award honors an individual who has made a difference of particular importance in the local community where the Division is meeting and where the Difference Makers Awards program is being held.
- The award for Making a Difference by Breaking Barriers was presented to Justice Mary Yu, King County Supreme Court. This award honors an attorney, living or deceased, who broke down barriers for gender, color, disabilities, or sexual orientation.
- The award for Making a Difference Through Community Service was presented to Judge Karen Overstreet, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western Division. This award honors an attorney, living or deceased, who made a significant lifetime contribution to the local community through community service.
- The award for Making a Difference Through Pro Bono Work was presented to Aleed Rivera, Tarrant County Bar Association/Tarrant County Bar Foundation. This award honors an attorney, law firm, corporate legal department, government attorney office, or institution in the legal profession that has made an outstanding commitment to volunteer legal services for the poor and disadvantaged.
- The award for Making a Difference Through Service to the Profession was presented to Gabriel Galanda, Galanda Broadman, PLLC, Seattle, Washington. This award honors an attorney, living or deceased, who made a significant contribution to the legal profession through service to the profession.