"NO HIGHER CALLING"
Within the framework of the American Bar Association and in furtherance of its long range goals and objectives, the mission of the Government and Public Sector Lawyers Division shall be to:
- Serve as a national advocate for government and public sector lawyers in their quest for excellence, fairness, and justice in the performance of their sworn duties;
- Serve as a national voice to highlight the community service roles performed by the nation's government and public sector lawyers;
- Serve as a national educator to advance public understanding about the central roles played by government and public sector lawyers in preserving freedom and ensuring domestic tranquility;
- Serve as a national network system to enable government and public sector lawyers to benefit from practices and procedures successfully implemented in their counterparts' offices;
- Serve as a national network system to enhance the professional growth and the upward mobility of government and public sector lawyers; and
- Serve as a national leader in rededicating adherence - within our profession and within all the Nation's justice systems - to the highest standards of professional conduct and competence, fairness, social justice, diligence and civility.