Women’s Caucus Luncheon and Community Service Event
The 2019 Women’s Caucus Luncheon and Community Service Event will be held in conjunction with the 42nd Annual Forum on Franchising in Denver, CO, October 16-18, 2019. Information will be provided when you register for the Forum.
The Women’s Caucus serves the Forum and its members by:
- Promoting opportunities for the Forum’s female members to participate in activities sponsored by the Forum, including membership on the Forum’s divisions and committees contributing to Forum publications, and developing programs and speakers for Forum programs
- Providing a vehicle for female members of the Forum to discuss issues that are relevant to our constituency
- Providing Forum leadership and service opportunities specifically geared toward women
- Developing mentoring programs to assist women with professional development and network-building
- Providing networking and community service opportunities in conjunction with other Forum divisions
- Increasing membership in the ABA and the Forum
Since 1983, the Women’s Caucus has been a special and important part of the Forum on Franchising. The Women’s Caucus has grown from a handful of women who began by gathering at the Forum for breakfast to a robust group that routinely hosts highly attended networking and learning sessions at the Annual Forum.
Along the way, the Women’s Caucus discussions and mentorship have resulted in greater attendance by women at the Forum, promotion of women at the Forum, leadership opportunities, and a host of new ideas to enrich the Forum for everyone. The very popular Fundamentals program was an idea launched by the Women’s Caucus. The Fundamentals program has become a popular fixture at the event and a terrific introduction to franchising for young lawyers.
Additionally, the Women’s Caucus participates, along with other Forum divisions, in organizing the community service project traditionally held at the Annual Meeting.