Welcome to the webpage for the Forum on Franchising. The Forum was founded over 40 years ago, and our mission is to be the preeminent forum to study and discuss the legal aspects of franchising. The Forum is the premiere franchise legal organization in the world.
The Forum has adopted specific goals to carry out its mission.
I. To provide quality educational programs and publications on the legal aspects of franchising;
II. To stimulate discussion of the legal aspects of franchising, in order to educate the legal community and the franchising committee about the diverse viewpoints on issues of current concern;
III. To promote full and equal participation of minorities, women and other under-represented group in Forum activities; and
IV. To enhance the professional growth of Forum members, among other ways by encouraging practitioners in all areas of franchise practice to participate fully in Forum activities."
This website helps us explain what the Forum does to carry out its mission and these goals.
On the website, you will find information about the many benefits and opportunities we provide to our members, including
- Pathways to Leadership, describing the many involvement opportunities;
- Comprehensive lists of publications, from two quarterly publications (The Franchise Lawyer and The Franchise Law Journal) to terrific in-depth monographs and books on a wide variety of the legal aspects of franchising;
- The Franchise Library;
- Descriptions of our first-rate CLEs, including webinars, teleconferences and seminars;
- Information about our Divisions (Corporate Counsel, Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution and International) and Caucuses (Women’s Caucus and Diversity Caucus).
- Details and registration information for our unparalleled Annual Meeting, held for 3 days each October – this year in Denver, Colorado from October 16 to October 18. The Annual Meeting, attended by more than 800 of our members, presents a prime opportunity to meet our members and engage in productive networking opportunities, attend our excellent and timely workshops and plenary sessions, and reach out to the Governing Committee, Senior Leadership, Steering Committee Directors and Members, Annual Meeting speakers and the Journal and The Franchise Lawyer’s editorial staffs.
It is vital to our organization that our members have many opportunities to become involved in the Forum and to support the goals and the mission of the Forum. We are a welcoming, collegial group and we’d love for you to come see what we are all about.
We invite you to join us, to find out more about franchising and to participate in our Forum.
Will K. Woods
Chair, Forum on Franchising 2019-2021