The mission of the American Bar Association Section of Family Law is to serve as the National leader in the field of Family Law.
To accomplish its mission, the Council has adopted the following seven goals for the Section:
- To improve the family law system.
- To be the pre-eminent voice on family law issues.
- To serve our members.
- To improve public and professional understanding of family law issues.
- To increase the diversity and participation of our membership.
- To educate the public about family law and the professionals involved in family law.
- To improve professionalism of all participants in the administration of family law.