Soon-to-Be Ex Etiquette: What You Should and Should Not Do Now

When can I date?

It depends. In some states, once parties are separated, you are free to date and it has no effect on the divorce. In other states, your conduct up until the date of the divorce can be considered. You should consult with your attorney to make sure that dating won’t have an effect on the divorce or support matters. In addition, if you have children, you should be sensitive to introducing a third party into your children’s lives, and you may want to consider consulting with a mental health professional on how best to do that.

Premium Content For:
  • Family Law Section
Join - Now