Call for Nominations
2021-2022 Section of Family Law Leadership
Want to become more involved in Section activities? Already involved but want to spread your wings and do more? Apply for a leadership or Council position by November 1, 2020!
The Nominating Committee, chaired by Chair-Elect Candace B. Peeples, is accepting nominations for the 2021 elections to be held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Nominating Committee members include Melissa Avery (Indianapolis, IN), Brian J. Blitz (Chicago, IL), Kelli B. Hooper (Fayetteville, GA), and Judith Hoechst (Littleton, CO).
The Committee seeks nominations for the following positions:
- Chair-Elect (one-year term)
- Vice Chair (one-year term)
- Secretary (one-year term)
- Section Delegate (three-year term expiring 2024)
- At-Large Council Representatives (two positions, three-year terms expiring 2024)
- Region II Representative (three-year term expiring 2024) composed of Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi;
- Region IV Representative (three-year term expiring 2024) composed of Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota.
To be considered for nomination, submit a letter of interest, a brief biography, and a nomination data form by November 1, 2020. Send your letter via e-mail with Word attachments to Section Director Cindy Swan, firstname.lastname@example.org and Chair-Elect Candace B. Peeples, email@example.com.
The letter should detail your bar activities (ABA, Section of Family Law, state and local bar) and provide any other information you would like the committee to consider. (Keep in mind that concise information is easier for the Nominating Committee to review.)
Don't forget to fill out the Nomination Data Form and attach it to your email.
Be sure to read the officer and council member responsibilities and duties, too, so you know what's expected of you.
We look forward to receiving your nominations!
Deadline: November 1, 2020