Q: Who is eligible for each conference registration rate?
A: The following outlines who can register at each of our registration rates:
- Early-Bird Rate for Section Members: Registration for any current Section of Family Law member by August 21, 2019
- Standard Rate for Section Members: Registration for any current Section of Family Law member after August 21, 2019
- Non-Section Rate for ABA Members: Registration for members of the ABA who are not Section of Family Law members
- Non-ABA Member Rate: Registration for those who are not currently ABA members
- Judges, Full-time Law School Faculty, Full-time Legal Services or Social Service Practitioners, & New Practitioners Rate: Registration for any individual who falls into one of the categories above; New Practitioners are those who are within 4 years of their bar dates
- CLE Committee Rate: Registration for those who are part of the Section’s CLE Committee for this bar year; Registration for CLE session speakers (Note: CLE session moderators CANNOT register at this rate; they must register at one of the other rates for which they are eligible.)
- Paralegals & Law Students Rate: Registration for paralegals and anyone currently enrolled as a law student
- Guest Rate: Registration for individuals accompanying a registered attendee; this includes spouses and children over 10 years old.
- Child Rate (Paid): Registration for children 6-10 years old accompanying a registered attendee
- Child Rate (Free): Registration for children who are 5 years old or younger accompanying a registered attendee
Q: What if I am a moderator or speaker who is only coming to the conference to present at my session? Do I need to register?
A: You may opt-out of paid registration if you only attend your CLE session to present and will not attend any other events. You must inform of us of your decision to opt-out, and we will need your information to register you as a "Panelist - Session Only" so you will still be eligible for CLE teaching credit. Please contact Danielle Pruger at email@example.com or 312.988.5149.
Q: I am no longer able to make it to the conference. Can I receive a refund?
A: To receive a refund, minus a $50 administrative fee, a written request must be received on or before Wednesday, September 11, 2019. No refunds will be issued after that date. Questions about cancellations can be directed to Danielle Pruger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.988.5149.
Q: Can I bring a friend/spouse to a reception, breakfast, etc. even if I haven't paid their "guest" registration fee? (He/she won't eat or drink.)
A: We're sorry, but only registered attendees -- with their badge visible -- may attend conference functions.
Q: Can I bring a last-minute guest to ticketed events (i.e. Friday dinner event)?
A: Please check to see if the event requires advance purchase tickets. If not, a limited number of tickets may be sold on-site.
Q: Can I receive CLE credit for attending the sessions at this meeting?
A: CLE credit has been requested from MCLE states. Each state has its own rules and regulations, including its definition of CLE. You may wish to check with your state for confirmation of a program’s approval.
You MUST be registered for the conference to receive CLE credit*. Guests (i.e. those registered at the Guest rate) will not be eligible for CLE credit and cannot attend CLE sessions due to space limitations. If your guest is an attorney and/or interested in attending CLE sessions, they must register separately at one of the registration rates for which they are eligible.
*Exception: A moderator or speaker who has opted-out of paid registration can receive credit for their CLE session only.
Q: How do I obtain CLE credit for the sessions at this conference?
A: Attendance reporting varies by state; more information will be given on site.
Q: Will I receive the materials for the CLE sessions prior to arriving at the conference?
A: Yes, you will receive a link to the materials via email. We make every effort to send your materials a week or two before the conference begins so you can print out the ones you want for sessions you plan to attend or save the files to your laptop or tablet for easy reference on-site.
Please be sure you have an email address on file with the ABA or provide an email address when you register. If you do not have an email address on file, you are welcome to check the conference website, which is where the materials will be housed.
Please note: If you have opted out of receiving ABA emails, please be sure to check the conference website as you will not receive any conference emails, including the one containing the materials link. If you would like to change your email settings, you may do so in your myABA account.
Printed materials will not be provided on-site.
Q: Is Internet access available in the conference rooms?
A: Wireless internet will be available throughout the meeting space at the hotel. Please look for signs with the access information and/or ask a Section staff member.
Q: Is there a dress code for the conference?
A: There is no specific dress code for the conference; however, business casual is generally appropriate. The hotel is usually cooler, so please dress accordingly for all indoor events.
Q: I have a dietary restriction or food allergy. Can you make sure there is something for me to eat at the receptions/social events, etc.?
A: Please let us know of any dietary restrictions or food allergies during registration or as soon as possible once you have registered by emailing Danielle Pruger at email@example.com. All requests must be received by Wednesday, September 11, 2019. We’ll be sure to accommodate you so you’ll have something to eat!
Q: I am an individual with a disability and will need special accommodations to participate in the conference. How do I go about securing the necessary arrangements?
A: We encourage participation by all individuals. If you are a person with a disability, please give us advance notice of any special arrangements you may need so we can best accommodate you. Please contact Danielle Pruger at 312.988.5149 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, September 11, 2019.