chevron-down Created with Sketch Beta.

Contact the Section of Family Law

We are unable to respond to questions of a legal nature. Matters dealing with marriage, divorce, separation, domestic violence, child abduction, child custody & visitation, child support, adoption, trusts, wills, estates, property, etc., are under the jurisdiction of state and local courts, and should be addressed to family lawyers in your state. The American Bar Association Section of Family Law is a national association for marital and family law attorneys.

If you need to consult with a lawyer and are unable to locate one through your personal contacts, you may want to contact a local lawyer referral service. You may find a lawyer referral service via your telephone directory, see from the ABA Division for Legal Services, or call the ABA Service Center at 1-800-285-2221.

For more information about contacting your state or local bar, visit the State and Local Bar Directory on the ABA Division for Bar Services website.

ABA Section of Family Law
321 N. Clark St
Chicago, IL 60654
Phone: (312) 988-5145

Isabel Zavala
Program Associate
[email protected]


  • CLE programming & Webinars
  • Member reimbursements
  • Marketing
  • Website
  • Case Update
  • eNewsletter
  • General Section Inquiries

Danielle Pruger
Associate Director - Programming
[email protected]  


  • Committee Appointments 
  • Committee Communication
  • Committee Brown Bags
  • Meeting Planning
  • Programs Management
  • Fundraising

Cynthia Swan
[email protected]


  • Budget oversight
  • Governance
    • Council and Officers agenda items
    • Recommendations to the ABA House of Delegates
    • Requests for program co-sponsorship with other ABA entities or outside entities
    • Section Officers Conference (SOC)
    • Bylaws
    • Financial policy
  • Trial Advocacy Institute 
  • Sponsorship & Fundraising
  • Media inquiries
  • Schwab Essay Contest
  • Pro Bono Award
  • Palmer Award

Looking to submit your ideas or content proposals to the Section? Please use the forms on the Proposal Forms webpage.