The Continuing Legal Education Committee determines CLE programming. The CLE Committee meets one or two times a year to plan the educational component of the Section of Family Law's CLE conferences. During these meetings, proposals submitted by Section members and committees are considered by the CLE Committee for production.
The CLE Committee also is responsible for the Section's CLE Teleconference programming.
The Continuing Legal Education committee is a Bylaws Committee. Bylaws committees are established and authorized by the Section Bylaws.
The CLE Committee Chair or Co-Chairs are appointed by the Chair Elect, upon consultation with the Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary of the section, to serve during the upcoming year. The appointment is to be made by February of the year proceeding the Chair Elect’s year as Chair. The Chair or Co-Chairs are automatically members of Council.
The other members of the committee are also appointed by the Chair Elect for the upcoming year.
The committee’s duties are as follows:
- Attend one to two CLE Planning meetings at the ABA offices in Chicago, IL to determine CLE programming for the Fall and Spring conferences, the annual meeting, and teleconferences throughout the year.
- Facilitate and monitor the selection of speakers, titles, descriptions and educational materials, and the overall production of CLE programming at all Section meetings and teleconferences.
- Attend the Section’s Fall, Spring and Annual meetings to ensure that all CLE programs run smoothly.
- Using the committee list serve to communicate with the committee regarding upcoming meetings, CLE proposals, special projects and other topics relevant to the committee.
- When a committee project requires financing, the committee chair is responsible for making a formal budget request to the Finance Officer in a timely manner.
- The Chair of the Committee is required to submit a status report to the Section’s Council to be included in the Fall, Spring, and Annual Meeting Agenda books.
- Be prepared to give an oral report at council upon request.